For us, sustainability means:
- Creating durable products, 100% recyclable without loss of quality: You can find our forgings helping to protect our resources in applications like Wind Power, Solar Heating, Heat Pumps, in E- Mobility and in the distribution of drinking Water. Wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant Cu materials paired with the high-certified quality standard of our production enable us to produce long-lasting, high-value products. Copper alloys provide an excellent environmental performance. In contrast to synthetic materials, copper alloys are recyclable without any loss of quality.
- Using eco-friendly packing and shipping: Our products are delivered in recycled, reusable packaging and containers. With many customers, we use trays, which are integrated in the following work process. This not only avoids the cost of packing, but also facilitates the handling.
- Replacing leaded alloys: We offer lead free materials as an Alternative for leaded alloys, i.e. CW724R (Ecobrass® / Cuphin®), CW509L, und CW510L
- Manufacturing in an eco-friendly production: copper alloy materials used in our production are recycled and reused. Production scraps and old products are reused as secondary raw material and converted into input stock for forging. Our recycling quota equals almost 100 %. Our target is not to generate or emit any pollutant substances. Where possible, we avoid non-recyclable waste and if non-recyclable waste is unavoidable, we take care of a professional disposal.
- Protecting of drinking water: Our standard materials are suitable for drinking water and confirm to the drinking water standard. In addition, we offer various lead-free materials.
RoHS and REACH
- The European RoHS Directive (2011/65 / EU) (2000/53 / EC) limits the content of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. On request, you as a customer receive a declaration of conformity.
- REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) is a European Union regulation aimed at protecting human health and the environment from the potential risks of chemicals. Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) have been selected as potential candidates for an authorization procedure under the REACH Regulation. In accordance with Article 33 of the REACH Regulation, we fulfill our duty to inform our customers if SVHCs are contained in one of our products in amounts greater than 0.1% by mass. Substances subject to authorization are listed in Annex XIV of the REACH Regulation. Our products do not contain any substances listed in Annex XIV.
Copper alloy forgings are products within the meaning of the REACH regulation for which no safety data sheets are intended.
Copper materials with a copper content >60% have a proven antimicrobial effect and thus contribute significantly to the protection of health. This is useful i.e. for hospitals and public buildings (door handles, fittings, light switches, handrails made of copper alloys). The effect occurs when the material is uncoated (without electroplating, paint or wax). A patina layer does not bother. Laboratory tests carried out according to protocols approved by the EPA have shown that copper destroys more than 99.9% of the following disease-causing bacteria within 2 hours after contact: Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Escherichia coli O157: H7 (E. coli O157: H7), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, vancomycin-resistant enterococcus faecalis (VRE) and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). More information can be found here: www.antimicrobialcopper.org